Thursday, January 16, 2014

An Eventful Advent


As usual, my life never stops, and December was a prime example of this! The month was filled with many visitors and events. Our first set of visitors were from Trinity Wall Street in NYC. They had come to Haiti to scope out potential new projects for their church in the Northern Region. Their spirit was contagious and we very much enjoyed their visit. 


Shortly after their visit, we then hosted the Regional Northern Assembly Meeting. It was nice to see all of the priests and lay leaders of the region, but I was particularly happy to see the 13 US partners who had visited from the United States. A special shout-out to my buddies from the Diocese of Virginia! The meeting was a great platform for bringing topics of interest within the region to discussion among all parties! 


Following the conclusion of the Regional Assembly meeting, the next day I helped put on the first Lessons and Carols for Saint Esprit, the Episcopal Church in Cap-Haïtien. The preparation included working with the choir, making marketing materials, making decorations, and practicing myself! My favorite part of helping put this on was getting to know some of the Saint Esprit Choir members better. It was a beautiful evening, especially Silent Night sung to candlelight. 


This brings us now to Christmas! A belated Merry Christmas to everyone! Mine was spent at home, enjoying Christmas presents that had been left for me by my roommate Kyle and making Christmas presents for my Haitian friends. Two days after, I was blessed with the presence of Julie, and then two days after that, I was blessed with the presence of Cameron. Basically, it was a little reunion/party in which we enjoyed the beautiful sights and food of Cap-Haïtien. It was really nice to bring in the new year with fellow missionaries this year and I wish all of you a happy and blessed New Year! A huge thank you to all of my sponsors for the months of November and December. 

No comments:

Post a Comment